Senior Startup and Technology leader backed by the largest VC Firms Globally to take on their portfolios or newly funded and/or failing investments with a track record of turning the opportunities into secure, stable and soundly operating ventures.
Over 15+ years in progressive Leadership roles within the advanced technology industry - deployed the first 4G Network in the United States in 2009. Took a struggling startup to a half-billion plus dollar annual producer with the lowest operating costs and highest customer retention rates in the industry.
Negotiated co-branding national partnerships with many major Fortune 500 companies – including - Best Buy, Cisco, Cox, DirecTV, Dish Network, Google, Hewlett Packard, Home Shopping Network, Intel, Lenovo, Miss USA / Universe Pageant Franchise, QVC, Radio Shack, Time Warner, Wal-Mart, Disney World and World Wrestling Entertainment.. These extensive cross-functional & transferable skill sets have continually led to improved results and formation of winning cultures.
➔ Enterprise, IoT, M2M & SaaS.
➔ B2B, B2C, Direct Sales Leadership.
➔ Strong Leadership & Talent Development.
➔ Successful Million Dollar P&L Accountability.
➔ Inbound and Outbound Telesales Management.
➔ Innovative Sales & Marketing Strategy & Execution.
➔ Change & Integration Management/Business Improvement.
➔ Cross Functional Teams/Operations/Customer Service Leadership.
DEC. 2015 - Present
Serving as Executive Advisor and Senior Consultant to both startup and technology companies across Europe, Latin America and North America. Current and past clients include: Astellia, Comivo, Infinite Linked Solutions, Intelli-Vision, Mobilelink, Smart Retail and numerous individual clients.
Leveraging a powerful C-Level rolodex, industry knowledge and over a 15+ year tenure. This agency was formed post a high profile merger to assist a vast market with specific needs ranging from startup funding, internal development and assisting with complete overhauls of both the business model and overall P&L components.
Key Client Highlights over the last 12 Months:
- Developed a sales team and successfully launched a campaign across the United States, Europe, and Latin America that currently generates $3.2M+ in revenue annually and projecting a 210% attainment to budget revenue goals.
- Greatly reduced online marketing efforts that were not effective in market share capture and shifted budget to a more strategic campaign that resulted in a 10% market lead closure. An increase of over 7% from previous marketing initiatives used the year prior.
- Launched a strategic partnership for a client’s product line that currently generates $1.7M annually and growing by 33% each quarter since launch.
- Secured national contracts for a recent client with Public and Private Educational institutions, Wal-Mart and Walt Disney World Resorts within first 60 days of being retained. Generating revenues of over $2.5M annually with a forecast of $5M annually.
OCT. 2013 - DEC. 2015
Post the Sprint / Softbank merger – retained for a contracted time as a Senior Consultant to the largest premier partner to AT&T due to a tenured and successful relationship at Clearwire. Report to CEO with P&L accountability for 650+ employees and $200M+ B2B / B2C, Enterprise, Retail and Telesales channels.
- Led the AT&T acquisitions of AIO Wireless and Cricket Wireless via sales & telesales channels that generated over 60K+ new customers monthly and tripled new sales revenue into existing customer base. Selling into the B2C segment with the AT&T Portfolio: [Digital TV] [Home Phone] [Internet] [U-Verse] and [Wireless].
- Helped transform Quality Assurance metrics from 55% to over 90% within 90 days of assuming position.
- Lowered attrition rate from 50%+ to under 15% in 90 days by building succession plans for sales force.
- Introduced Green Dot VISA to retail & telesales division – generating $3M in additional revenue annually.
- Cultivated successful partnerships with MD Anderson, St. Joseph Medical Center and West Houston Medical Center, worth more than $2.3M in Enterprise revenue in first quarter of 2014.
DEC. 2008 - SEPT. 2013
NOTE: Clearwire, Inc. was acquired within the SoftBank acquisition of Sprint and ceased to operate in September of 2013.
Led Sprint’s new start-up venture, Clearwire, with the multi-billion dollar launch of the first 4G Network in the nation. Investors included Comcast, Google, Intel, Lenovo, and Time Warner. Reported to VP of Sales with P&L accountability for the $500M+ Sales and Operations division.
Led over 200+ internal employees across multiple states overseeing B2B / B2C, Indirect, Retail and Telesales channels – with an additional 4,000+ distribution points consisting of Authorized Agents, Big Box Retailers and Corporate Retail.
- Promoted many times during my tenure at Sprint due to market performance and results.
- Developed multi-million dollar sales / telesales campaign nationwide marketing advanced B2B / B2C solutions – such as: [Cable Television] [Enterprise] [Internet] [Home Security] and [Wireless Solutions].
- Dramatically improved customer satisfaction scores and reduced customer care costs via selective outsourcing and empowering the team to resolve customer issues in numerous new ways.
- Guided Senior Engineers weekly on network performance and expansion opportunities.
- Drove substantial cost cutting and process improvement efforts; reduced subscriber acquisition costs from $450 to $200 per customer and slashed operating expenses per subscriber by 60%.
- Guided teams in the launch of two new businesses including Clearwire Enterprise Services, targeted at providing super-high-capacity internet to large Enterprise customers, and CLEAR Professional, focused on providing low-cost internet access and fail-over services to the SMB market.
- Exceeded 2012 – 2013 gross add targets by 37%— yielding largest production in the region’s history.
- Launched the following major markets: California (Los Angeles), Colorado (Denver), Florida (Miami, Orlando, Tampa), Nevada (Las Vegas, Reno), New York (NYC), North Carolina (Charlotte, Raleigh) and Texas (Houston).
MAR. 2007 - DEC. 2008
Post Hurricane Katrina – returned back to support the resurgence of our family business. During our official re-grand opening – took over as Senior Leader to secure the competitive market share in the automotive sector.
- Combatted prior ineffective online marketing by fully automating our inventory to online resources and increasing internet sales by 45% – an additional $30K in net profit monthly never generated prior.
- Introduced fully automated software, Cobalt, within the service department. This led to revenues greater than $100K per month within that division. Over 55% increase from prior year.
- Removed third party QA outbound telesales system in place prior to an in-house follow-up system that generated far better return on quality of sale, retention and service department revenue. Leading to an increase in revenue by $20K+ per month – or up 38% from previous system.
- Instituted further training for sales force via Grant Cardone to provide motivational training and support through a system for car dealers. Energized our sales force and provided proper tools to better close on our interactions and gain better retention rates of returning customer base.
- Hired my successor in late 2008 after stabilizing business and producing net profits in excess of $200K monthly – a $55K+ increase per month than prior year.
JUN. 2004 - MAR. 2007
Served as a Leader in both the B2B / B2C Segment as well as the Retail Segment. Managing all aspects from Business Customer Channel as well as within the Retail Store Channel.
- Successfully launched the new brand Verizon Wireless in 2004 in the Southeast Gulf Coast Region.
- Successfully launched in-house telesales division to follow-up with customer base for QA and add-on additional revenue to existing base.
- Prmoted to launch the Savannah, Georgia Market in 2005 after the growth attained in Gulf Coast Launch.
- Promoted by Regional President in 2005 to highest volume region due to track record of metrics achieved.
- Presented Verizon’s Highest Honor in Achievement for the South Area for the years 2005 and 2006.
MAR. 2001 - MAY 2004
Recruited to secure franchisee and authorized retailers for new wireless company within the market. Within the first year grew territory to over 90 established locations. Additionally secured solid relationships and rapport with Big Box Retailers such as Circuit City, Radio Shack and Wal-Mart.
- Launched Sprint PCS to the public in 2001 within Gulf Coast Region and exceeded first year target by 175%.
- Secured over 60+ Authorized Retailers, including National Big Box Retailers, within Gulf Coast Region in first year of acquiring role – increasing the Year over Year growth by 55%.